Is your district inundated with alumni and student transcript requests that come from letters, faxes, emails, telephone calls, and in-person office visits? Now you can manage all your school district’s record and transcript requests in one simple online transcript request system called Scriborder.
This technology funnels all record requests through your current website, allowing you to process student record requests from a single portal. Scriborder is fully customizable, secure, and ensures full compliance with the Federal Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA). The best part? It comes at no cost to the district.
Please note: if you have a question about a personal transcript/record request, please contact the school district you requested the records from.
Processing Transcript and Record Requests
You’re already aware that record requests can come from many places—current students, alumni, or businesses seeking verification. They’re looking for everything from academic transcripts to diplomas, GED requests, transfer requests, and deferred action requests. You have all of these documents, but the process for filling requests can be burdensome without the proper system and software. That’s where Scriborder comes in.
Student and Alumni Transcript Request Process
Here's how Scriborder works:
- The request for the document is filed online, and the identification of the person making the order is verified through a series of questions.
- The requester answers more questions that clarify what they would like to order, eliminating confusion and duplicate requests, which are a waste of time and money.
- The order is paid for online, and the request is placed into your queue to await processing.
- The requester can track the progress of processing and shipping. If there is a problem in the mailing process, the private student data is captured immediately.
- When the request has been filled, the requester is notified, which prevents inquiries and phone calls as to whether the order has been completed.
The Federal Education Rights Privacy Act requires districts to maintain and distribute records under strict rules of confidentiality. Scriborder is designed to maintain compliance with all FERPA mandates. Additionally, it can be set up so that requests for documents from inappropriate sources are automatically flagged for your attention.
Get the Best Plan for Your School District
Improve your district and keep your students safe and happy by ensuring you're in compliance with FOIA and FERPA guidelines.
Customization for Your School District
Every school has its own system for document retention and duplication. There are preset templates that cover the basic record request parameters, Scriborder enables your district to fully customize the information included in a request to enable your staff to meet that request with minimal work. Search fields can include student identification numbers, alumni graduation year, gender, birth date, start or end date, program or field of study, degree type, building name, and any other searchable data field that might make life easier for your records department.
Datamation can help you seamlessly integrate Scriborder into your district’s records office. Our trained staff will teach your employees how to use the program and work with your contracted or in-house website administrator to ensure the necessary pages and portals are in place before the system goes live.