Organizations and unions subject to Taft-Hartley Act regulations must maintain a wide spectrum of documents relating to pension, benefits, insurance and membership records.
Datamation has more than 20 years of experience providing services and systems to help organizations maintain Taft-Hartley compliance, supporting streamlined document management and workflow systems.
Our consultants work with fund administrators and managers to analyze an organization’s information and design a customized imaging, document management, and workflow solution to seamlessly integrate with your current systems to drive productivity and efficiency. Our services can image-enable the software you use today (Basys, ISSI). Solutions include on-premise as well as outsourced cloud-based platforms.
- Member Files – Track monthly membership contributions and remittances. Immediately access and verify revenues and dues activity. Samples include enrollment forms, applications, beneficiary forms, vital certificates and correspondence.
- Employer Files – Monthly contribution reports, payroll audits, compliance, delinquencies.
- Fund Business Documents – Board meeting minutes, reciprocal agreements, plan documents, investment and actuarial reports, correspondence with fund vendors and professionals.
- Pension, Retirement and Defined Benefit Plans – Defined contribution (401k, annuity payouts), annual pension statements, member periodic benefits statements.
- Health & Welfare – Medical records, vision and dental claims, COBRA records, EOBs, weekly disability.
- Union Files – Member files, jurisdiction rulings, collective bargaining agreements, apprentice records.
- Pension Contributions – Access and store support documents related to pension contributions; properly and accurately share unfunded liability.
- Application Processing – Promptly handle new applications with productivity and accuracy.
- Claims – Workflow automation provides enhanced productivity through routing, load balancing and integration to your system.
- Benefits – Account for all benefits documentation. Reminders and checklists ensure compliance and security of all data and documents. Samples include COBs, QDROs and denial letters.
- Benefits Payments – Work with QDROs and underpayment claims after recalculating benefits and searching existing documentation.
- Appeals – Deal with sensitive partial or fully denied claims and the resulting appeals.
- HIPAA Compliance – Secure access to medical records, eligibility forms, claims and correspondence.
- Tons of Paperwork – Multiemployer funds have huge amounts of paper and files. Some organizations are forced to store files off site. Don’t waste time digging through boxes in storage.
- Space – Large file rooms consume valuable office space and negatively impact productivity by requiring staff to walk to file rooms to find support records. And once these files are retrieved, no one else can then find them in a file room.
- Multiple Media Types – Records are on paper, microfilm, and microfiche. This poses multiple challenges to access these records. Datamation can digitize any document storage media type.
- Changing File Systems – Over time, fund managers change the storage and access methods for files. Imaging technology enables files to be accessed by multiple criteria and to be text searchable.
- Retention – Documents in fund offices require long retention periods. Documents are stored and identified in an imaging system based on the required retention of that document.
Datamation will work with you to determine the information your organization needs to capture, process, access and archive all the key records in your fund office. Our solutions eliminate thousands of hours wasted every year filing and searching for documents, and help you avoid fines for being non-compliant with industry regulations.
Datamation has more than 20 years’ experience working with multi-employer fund offices. We understand your document management and workflow needs, and we have experience working with the following organizations:
- Automobile Mechanics
- Electrical Workers
- Iron Workers
- Line Construction Workers
- Pipeline Workers
Other benefits Datamation can help you realize
- Unlimited users with remote access to all documents
- Eliminate misfiling and costly retrieval
- Minimal hardware and software expenditures
- No need for ongoing IT support
- Implementation in as little as 24 hours
- Automated disaster recovery
- Complete backup of all records and data
- No long-term contract commitment
Document Scanning Quote Calculator
Wondering how much it will cost to get all of your paper files, microfilm, and other documents scanned and digitized? Get your custom quote in 30 seconds!