Document Scanning Services
An important part of any digital transformation is converting your paper records to electronic ones with document scanning services. It's vital to have the information you need, but it's better to have it in a format that will save your business time, space, and money.
For over 25 years, we’ve specialized in high-speed document scanning, indexing, and electronic storage of paper business and medical records. We primarily serve clients in Chicago and its suburbs, Northern and Central Illinois, Milwaukee and Southern Wisconsin, and Northwestern Indiana, but have scanned for organizations in 49 of the 50 states (and Hawaii, we'd love to work with you!).
How the Datamation Document Scanning Process Works
We've got document conversion down to a fine, secure science. Our HIPAA trained staff works hard to ensure that all of your documents are scanned accurately, clearly, and securely so you have only the highest quality of images.
- Boxing/Pickup: Datamation employees will come in a company vehicle, box up your records, and load them into the truck. This is a low-contact process.
- Receiving: Each box receives a unique barcode to track its location and stage in the scanning process.
- Document Preparation: Employees remove staples and paperclips, mend tears, straighten dog-eared pages, and other tasks to prepare documents for the scanners.
- Scanning/Capture: We scan your clean documents on high quality Kodak production scanners one page at a time.
- Indexing: Software and/or employees tag documents and/or run OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to make files easy to find.
- Quality Review: Our QC team checks that every physical file has a clear, readable, digital match.
- Output/Finishing: We convert the files into whatever format you request for your ECM system or archive.
Our passion has always been with helping companies go paperless and making their businesses more efficient by scanning their paper files. Document imaging is what we do!
The Datamation advantage stems from working with hundreds of clients like you! We use state-of-the-art high-speed scanners with image enhancement, optical character recognition (OCR), and barcode recognition (1D and 2D barcodes) systems to process documents accurately and efficiently.
Our Match-n-Merge process can integrate with ERPs or other system data is utilized to reduce data entry costs and ensure accuracy. Document scanning and data capture can be performed as a back-end or front-end function, each with their own set of client benefits.
Benefits of Scanning Your Business Documents
The benefits of document scanning are widespread, but here are some of the best reasons you should convert your paper to digital files.
- More space in your office
- Easier access to your files
- Increased security
- Easier audits and compliance
- Better data preservation
- Backup and disaster recovery (not only from potential damage at your office, but at box storage vendors as well)
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Save money
Check out this blog post to go more in-depth about the benefits of document scanning.
And don't just take our word for it. The Association for Intelligent Information Management (AIIM) surveyed its members to identify the three main reasons for scanning and data capture. The top three were improved search, productivity, and compliance. Here are all the results:
Even though Business Continuity and Organizational Flexibility didn't rank high in this survey, the recent working climate has made these top priorities for nearly every office and organization.
Take a Test Drive of Our Document Scanning Services
If you’ve got at least 10 boxes of paper documents, we’ll scan a sample at no charge. Just click or call (630) 321-0601 and we’ll arrange for a low-contact pick-up anywhere in the Chicago area, Southeast Wisconsin, or Northwest Indiana. We’ll scan your documents, burn the images to DVD, FTP to your system, or upload them to the ImageSilo Cloud and give you a month of complimentary access to this document management system. There are no obligations or long-term commitments.
Let's Get Scanning!
If you're ready to scan your business documents, you can request a quote or try out our document scanning quote calculator below!
Wondering how much it will cost to scan your documents? Find out in 30 seconds!