We know how school districts operate. Our solutions for educational institutions provide instant access to student records, transcripts, admissions, student billing, financial aid, personnel files, and school board minutes. FERPA and NCLB-compliant, our document management solutions take the tediousness out of school administration and let you get back to more important district initiatives.
CARES Act and American Rescue Plan for School Districts
Recent legislation has given school districts the opportunity to not just recover from the impact of the pandemic, but modernize their processes and software. Having digital files, electronic forms, and process automation tools not only help district staff work remotely, but are all covered under the CARES and ARP legislation.
Here is some of the work we've already done for customers:
- Digitizing student files, business office records, employee documents, and other paper and microfilm records.
- Converting paper-based forms into smart, responsive, electronic forms for internal and external use.
- Implementing a modern, cloud-based content management system.
- Integrating content management systems and student information systems (Skyward, Infinite Campus, etc.) to share data.
- Creating workflows and process automation to streamline hiring, onboarding, gathering health information, and more!
Other Uses of CARES/ARP Grants
Here are some other ways districts can use content management systems and their associated digital tools:
- User-friendly public portals that allow for better dialogue and transparency with schools and their communities.
- Data capture tools that provide built-in analytics and reporting.
- Track and manage any kind of request, from maintenance to Chromebook/Wi-Fi hotspot distribution.
- Reduce hiring and onboarding time for essential staff with digital forms and automation.
- Easily capture and securely store health information.
Document Scanning and Management Benefits for School Districts
Get instant access to scanned documents and film, which significantly reduces search time and eliminates re-filing, allowing staff to focus on more pressing issues.
Reclaim space and eliminate costly off-site storage with a document management system. Schools are often in need of more classroom or storage space – document scanning can free up the necessary space while increasing efficiency.
One of our school district clients was able to immediately convert previous storage space into a new classroom.
Immediately print or email document requests to students, alumni, employers, other schools, etc. while maintaining FERPA compliance. Scriborder allows for transcript requests to be sent directly from the school website quickly, efficiently, and securely.
Eliminate loss due to fire, water damage, or malicious intervention by easily backing up digital files. See how document scanning helped one school recover important student health records and other documents after Hurricane Katrina.
Satisfy federal requirements to make student records and employee files available instantly, and archive emails for three years.
Guarantee student privacy data with ultra-secure content management systems. Assign user permissions so only people who need access to data and Personally Identifiable Information have it. Archive data off older ERP or student management systems to strengthen PII security.
Ensure proper student record disclosure according to The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) federal law.
NCLB-No Child Left Behind Compliance
Adhere to annual testing and reporting requirements.
Why Work with Datamation?
Datamation has over 25 years of experience working with school districts and their records. In Illinois alone, we work with over 60 school districts and have helped them regain space, time, and efficiency.
Here are some of the ways we help our clients:
- Collect all records and analyze them to generate a list of whether they should be scanned, stored, or destroyed
- Set up document management software and train staff for easy access to records
- Create eforms and workflows to streamline processes like maintenance requests, healthcare enrollment, and HR onboarding
- Generate a summary document of all the records we have scanned so the district can submit it to the state of Illinois for permission to destroy the hard copies
- Create a single online destination for transcript, FOIA, and other requests
Datamation Webinars for Illinois School Districts
Watch the replays of our webinars about the upcoming SOPPA law, fulfilling. denying, and managing FOIA requests, and how long to keep your documents and how to make the process simple. Then go and download our Illinois School District Records Retention White Paper.