Microfilm and Microfiche Scanning
If you've recently looked up information on microfilm or microfiche, do you recall how long it took? Did it take less than an hour to find the proper roll or slide, place it into the machine, and then find the correct piece of data? Now what if we told that you after microfilm conversion, you could find that information in less than a minute via a simple search?
Converting your microfilm and/or microfiche can seem like a huge, complex, and very overwhelming process. The good news, though, is that we can help you tackle this project without wasting any time or money. Digitizing your microfilm and microfiche can completely change the way it is accessed and stored.
Thanks to today’s advanced technology and our team of skilled specialists, we can scan your microfilm and microfiche and transform each roll into a powerful digital document with instant accessibility. Whether you have rolls of documents, images, notes, or minutes, they can be scanned and put through the digitization process.
The Datamation Microfilm & Microfiche Conversion Process
- We’ll collect your microfiche jackets, microfilm rolls, COM fiche, and aperture cards.
- Then we’ll scan, OCR (optical character recognition), and index them at our secure facility.
- We will accurately convert your document images to PDF, TIFF, or any other file format.
- Finally, we’ll upload or distribute the corresponding digital files in any format of your choosing—making those old personnel records, payroll records, medical records, and drawings instantly accessible.
Benefits of Scanning Your Microfiche and Microfilm
Once you decide to digitize your microfilm and microfiche to digital files, the benefits quickly begin appearing. Organizations become so happy with the results of the conversion that they often ask themselves, why didn’t we do this sooner? An example of some of the benefits that come along with microfiche and microfilm conversion include:
- Preserves Information Accurately
- Improved Document Control
- Instant Accessibility
- More Physical Space
- Increased Efficiency
- Save Money
- Peace of Mind (and Digital Backups)
Check out our blog post to get more in-depth about the benefits of digitizing your microfiche and microfilm.
The Datamation Guide To Digitizing Your Microfiche & Microfilm
Want to learn more? Check out this comprehensive guide.